Job Title: Registrar-General
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region
The Registrar-General's Department is one of the agencies of the Ministry of Justice and Attorney-General's Department. The mandate of the Department is to ensure an efficient and effective administration of processes of registration of business enterprises, intellectual property (patents, trademarks and service marks), marriages, estates and public trusts. Under the direction of the Attorney General and Minister of Justice, the successful candidate, as Head of the Registrar General's Department, will be responsible for:
- Supervising the work of Chief, Principal, Senior/State Attorneys and other categories of staff within the Department;
- Administering the Department's budgets in conformity with spending guidelines issued by the Ministry;
- Supervising and coordinating the activities of the different divisions of the Registrar General's Department (Registry of Marriages, Intellectual Property, Companies and Businesses, Estates);
- Conducting Official Liquidation of companies;
- Overseeing the implementation of the Business Reform Programme of the Department;
- Acting as the Department's Chief Spokesperson with other MDAs;
- Representing the Ministry of Justice and Attorney-General's Department on different Entity Tender Committees; and
- Carrying out any other duties assigned by the Minister.
Qualification and Requirements
- The successful candidate must be a lawyer with not less than twelve (12) years standing at the Ghana Bar and
- A minimum of five years practical experience in the relevant field.
- A Master's degree in any of the areas of law relevant to the work of the Registrar-General's Department will be an added advantage.
- He or she must also have excellent analytical, organisational and communication skills and must be knowledgeable in the use of information and communication technology
- (ICT) tools.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://j.jbgh.me/8211 to apply for this job .