Responsible To: President
Appointment Site: Challenging Heights Office, Winneba, Ghana
Mission and Job Purpose:
Our mission is to ensure a secured, protected and dignified future and life for children and youth by promoting their rights, education, and health.
Challenging Heights delivers social justice interventions to children, women, and underserved communities in the coastal and farming communities of Ghana. This includes rescue, rehabilitation, and reintegration of children who have been trafficked in the fishing industry, as well as organizing communities around issues of child protection in order to prevent trafficking and re-trafficking of children. Challenging Heights also contributes to policy and awareness creation and the public discourse on issues affecting Ghanaian children. Additionally, the organization runs a school for more than 700 children who are survivors of child trafficking or who are at risk of child trafficking.
From the humble beginning of being a one-man unregistered organization in 2003, Challenging Heights has grown to its present status of a formidable child-centered social justice organization that is at the forefront of fighting for the rights of children and underserved populations.
Challenging Heights is poised to scale up operations for the purpose of sustaining its program gains and services and improving upon the quality it offers to both its clients and supporters.
The Advocacy Officer will work closely with the President and Programs Manager to develop and implement a strategy for advocacy at the district, national, and international level on issues relevant to the mission of Challenging Heights. Additionally, the Advocacy Officer will assist the Programs team with projects in the community. This position requires public speaking ability, diplomacy, patience, and flexibility.
- Liaise with district, municipal, and national governments to advocate for issues relevant to the work of Challenging Heights.
- Represent Challenging Heights to local, national, and international governments as well as other non-governmental organizations.
- Facilitate partnerships with district governments to achieve strategic objectives.
- Engage diverse audiences in relevant advocacy.
- Design and implement an advocacy strategy in collaboration with the President and other staff.
- Network and identify new forums for expanding the advocacy strategy.
- Coordinate events related to the advocacy strategy.
- Coordinate and produce media, including writing articles and op-eds on issues relevant to Challenging Heights
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://j.jbgh.me/7929 to apply for this job .