If you are a skilled and friendly Mechanical Field Service Technician who is seeking career satisfaction with a financially stable and growing company, join the team at EPS!
As a Field Service Technician with EPS, you will report to the Managing Director, travel to customer locations, diagnose problems with customer-owned forklifts and other EPS products and make repair recommendations. You will give repair quotes, create lists of parts required for repairs and coordinate those lists with the main office to ensure that the necessary parts are ordered in a timely manner.
You will then perform only those repairs specifically requested by the customers and ensure that they understand the situation and are satisfied with the condition of their forklifts and products.
As a Field Service Technician with EPS, you will manage your inventory to ensure that you know when parts need to be replenished. You will accurately account for all paid labour hours, for all parts used in repairs and for van parts inventory. You will submit complete documentation for all work in a timely manner, maintain the cleanliness of all forklifts, products, tools and customer facilities and keep your provided service van clean and well serviced at all times.
Additional responsibilities of the Field Service Technician include:
- Ability to carry out complete overhauling of both Diesel & Gas Forklift Trucks
- Filling out accurate work orders
- Running computer-based diagnostics on forklifts and other products
- Maintaining regular communication with the Service Manager and Service Dispatcher
- Maintaining company tools in working order and returning them to the shop after use
- Making repairs accurately with minimal call-backs
- Keeping track of purchase orders for reimbursement purposes
- Communicating with sales Engineers to discover customer needs
- Exchanging skills and knowledge with other Field Service Technicians
- Adhering to all company policies and work rules
Qualification and Requirements
- As a Field Service Technician with EPS, you must possess a positive attitude,
- Good verbal and written communication skills and great customer service skills.
- You must be able to communicate well over the phone, work successfully in a team environment and complete neat and timely paperwork.
- You must have a strong work ethic and sense of integrity, the desire to serve others and an eye for detail and accuracy.
- HND Mechanical Engineering or trade/vocational school
- Minimum 2 years mechanical experience required, agricultural and/or automotive service shop experience preferred
- Having a valid driver
Help someone get a job, tell them to email their CV to email@example.com
to apply for this job
This job originally appeared elsewhere.