The Ghana Health Service is an autonomous Agency of the Ministry of Health responsible for providing and prudently managing comprehensive and accessible health service at Regional, District and Sub-district levels in accordance with approved national policies. To achieve this, the GHS must attract and appoint suitably qualified personnel to carry out its mandate at various operational levels.
Job Title: Director (Human Resource Management)
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region
The Ghana Health Service invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians who are goal-orineted, results-driven with exceptional leadership qualities for appointment to the above mentioned position.
To provide technical leadership and direction for the development of strategic plans for Human Capital Management to facilitate effective recruitment, training, compensation/benefits and Industrial Relations in the Ghana Health Service.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Director-General, the Deputy Director-General will:
- Provides technical advice in human capacity building initiatives, including training needs identification and budgeting for training programmes delivery and reporting
- Provides advice on all aspects of the Labour Law regulations and practices, to ensure that all legal requirements and best practices are maintained
- Leads in the development, analysis and review of policies relating to Human Resource Management and Development;
- Advises and provides technical and administrative support in the planning, recruitment, placement, development and management of the human resources of the Ghana Health Service;
- Co-ordinates the development and maintenance of a comprehensive Human Resources (HR) database for the GHS;
- Prepares annual and other reports on Human Resource Management
- Manages the performance of staff of the GHS;
- Leads in the monitoring and evaluation of HR;
- Leads in the preparation of budget for the HR;
- Leads in the development of in-service training programmes;
- Co-ordinates fellowship awards for the effective training and capacity development of GHS staff;
- Leads in the development of incentives/welfare packages for GHS staff;
- Leads in the development of guidelines and protocols on HR for the Service
Terms of Appointment:
Applicant must be eligible and capable of serving a full term of four (4) years before attaining the compulsory retiring age of sixty (60) years
Compensation package is competitive with very attractive fringe benefits
Qualification and Requirements
- Must have a post-graduate degree in Administration in (Human Resource Management) with a minimum of ten (10) years' relevant work experience, at least five (5) years of which must be in a relevant Senior Management position
- Must have considerable strategic, interpersonal and analytical skills, with a deep understanding and appreciation of the strategic and operational challenges in the Health Sector
- Must be performance-driven and keen to achieve results
- Experience in the health delivery sector will be an added advantage
Qualified and Interested persons should submit six (6) set of application, accompanied by the documents listed below in an A4 size envelope:
- Application letter
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae with names, addresses and telephone numbers of at least two (2) referees, one of whom should be a senior professional colleague
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
- A one (1) page statement on how applicants intend to respond to the GHS mission
- The position applied for must be clearly written at the left top corner of the envelope
- Applications which should be delivered by hand or courier, should reach the address below . Further information is available on GHS website: www.ghanahealthservice.org
GHANA HEALTH SERVICE COUNCIL
PRIVATE MAIL BAG
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://j.jbgh.me/5153 to apply for this job .