The CSIR is a semi-autonomous Corporation with the mandate to pursue the implementation of Government policies on scientific research and development; encourage coordination of scientific research for the management, utilization and conservation of the natural resources of Ghana; and to advise Government on scientific and technological advances likely to be of importance to national development.
Established in its present form in October 1968 as Ghana's premier S & T Research and Development organisation, the CSIR now operates under the mandate of CSIR Act 521 of 1996, which among other things, empowers it to commercialize its research activities. From its Head Office in Accra, the CSIR oversees and co-ordinates the activities of 13 research institutes spread across the country.
Job Title: Research Scientist
Job Location: Akosombo, Eastern Region
The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research - Water Research Institute (CSIR-WRI) urgently requires the services of a Research Scientist to join its team of researchers at the Aquaculture Research and Development Centre (ARDEC) at Akosombo.
- The successful applicant will be involved in the designing and execution of fish breeding programmes.
Qualification and Requirements
- A PhD or M.Phil degree in Genetics, preferably in animal breeding
- A minimum of 3 years working experience with a reputable institution in animal breeding or a related area
- Should not be more than 35 years of age
- Skills specific to the position:
- Proficiency in computer applications, especially, SAS, REML and other relevant software used in animal breeding programmes, data processing as well as statistical skills
- Basic knowledge in quantitative genetics
- Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent Report Writing and Presentation skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
Interested candidates should submit their applications with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae including supporting documents and three (3) referees with their contact information to:
CSIR-Water Research Institute
P. O. Box M 32
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://j.jbgh.me/4525 to apply for this job .