St John Ambulance Ghana was established by the British Police in 1937. It has a governing council, which was established by an Act of Parliament in 1959, ACT 57 of 1959 to support the organisation. St John Ambulance, Ghana is subvented under the Ministry of Health operating as a First Aid Training and Service delivery organisation. With the inception of the Ministry of Health reform in 1996 ACT 525, it had become an agency with thousands of volunteers in all ten regions of Ghana.
St. John Ambulance Ghana is a leading professional first responder training and service provider in medical emergency in Ghana. It is an international non-governmental organisation and a member of the 42 Establishments of the Order of St John in the world.
We work to contribute to the improvement of people's well-being through First Aid and and medical emergency training and service provision, youth training and development among others.
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region
St. John Ambulance in Ghana is positioning itself to improve upon and expand its services with the view to complementing the efforts of the public health sector to meet the needs of the people. In the light of this, the organisation invites application for the position of Chief Executive Officer.
The Role of the Chief Executive Officer:
The exciting but challenging career opportunity is open to a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) as the head of the organisation in Ghana. The CEO together with the National Council in Ghana and the International Office of the Order of St. John in the United Kingdom, will drive maintain and sustain to the organisation to occupy its rightful place as a leading professional first aid and medical emergency training and service provider in Ghana.
- Provide overall leadership, strategic direction and supervision for the general growth and development of the organisation in GhanaMobilise resources for the organisation
- Day-to-day administration and management of the organisation
- Formulate policies and strategic plans for the organisation
- Advise the Council on issues that would promote and place the organisation in the limelight
- Develop and maintain a culture that would foster co-operation, commitment, efficiency, accountability and productivity in the organisation and the Association as a whole
- Develop and implement systems and methods of effective monitoring and control of activities of the organisation
- Develop a coherent strategic framework and annual delivery plan to ensure the continued improvement of services of the organisation and most effective use of resources
- Revamp the volunteer (the brigade wing of the Association)
- Ensure the preparation and submission and presentation of relevant reports to the International Office of the Order of St. John and the National Council
- Liaise between the organisation and the leadership of the Ministry of Health and other allied organisations and institutions be it national or international as and when the need arises
- Establish operational committee for the various departments within the organisation
- Convene Council meetings on quarterly basis and emergency meetings as well
- Be a liaison between St. John Ambulance Ghana and the International Office of the Order of St. John and other St. John Ambulance Organisations or Establishments through the world
- Collaborate with other relevant organisations nationally and internationally as well as partners and stakeholders
- Project a strong and positive corporate image, demonstrating integrity and commitment to service provision, both within and outside the organisation
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned to him/her by the National Council and the International Office of the Order of St. John
Qualification and Requirements
The qualified candidate should have a minimum of ten years at management level. Preferably, a health professional and have experience in training and management. The candidate must be development inclined which is one of the strong areas of the organisation.
- He/she must be committed to voluntary work, have integrity and dedication to duty and to the growth of the organisationA Master's degree and membership of St. John Ambulance will be desirable
Interested applicants should send their applications with curriculum vitae to:
St John Ghana Council
C/o St John Ambulance Ghana
28th February Walk
P. O. Box M117
Ministries - Accra