We are a Public Services Commission whose advice and opinions are respected and recognized as authoritative and indicative of best practices in human resource management and development.
We have an important evaluation role in working with agencies to ensure that the Ghana public service is performing effectively and consistently with the Ghana public service values.
Executive Director of the Ghana Library Board
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region
The Governing Board of the Ghana Library Board invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians who are goal oriented, results driven with exceptional leadership qualities and enthusiasm for appointment to the position of Executive Director of the Ghana Library Board.
Object of the position
To provide overall professional and administrative leadership, vision, strategic direction, guidance and supervision for the operations of the Board.
- Day-to-day administration of the Board
- Provide strategy vision, direction and leadership in the execution of all public library policies, programmes and activities;
- Implement policy decisions of the Board
- Prepare and submit to the Board an annual budget of the Board
- Plan and draw-up a strategy for capacity building
- Implement policies and procedures suitable for the Board operations
- Implement policies and programmes relating to the public library system
- Advise the Board on public library policies and programmes
- Develop and sustain partnership with academia; national and international related institutions and associations
- Prepare and submit periodic reports on its activities to Board within the 1st quarter of the year
- Lead and co-ordinate the work of the Public Library services
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Ghana Library Board
Qualification and Requirements
- A minimum of a Masters Degree in Librarianship/Information Studies or equivalent related discipline from an Accredited Tertiary Institution
- At least fifteen (15) years post qualification relevant work experience, five (5) years of which must be in a Senior Management position in a reputable library or related environment
- Must belong to a relevant professional Association, preferably the Ghana Library Association (GLA)
Competencies and Skills:
- Strong managerial and organizational skills;
- Ability to think broadly and demonstration of creativity;
- Good leadership and decision making skills
- Strong administrative and supervisory skills;
- Good team player
- Strong quantitative. qualitative and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in computer application;
- Conversant with the Financial Administration Act, the Public Procurement Act and the Internal Audit Agency Act;
- Conversant with current policies and regulations on Library Services
Salary and other conditions of service: Very Attractive
Applications should be forwarded together with supporting documents, a statement of applicant's vision for the position, a comprehensive document on a five (5) year development plan for the Board, Curriculum vitae, office and residential telephone numbers, e-mail and addresses of three (3) referee to:
PUBLIC SERVICES COMMISSION
P. O. BOX GP 1618
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://j.jbgh.me/3444 to apply for this job .