Ipas, a global not-for-profit reproductive health organisation that has, for three decades, been working globally to improve women's lives through a focus on reproductive health.
Job Title: Programme Manager
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region
This management position, based in Accra, Ghana provides support in the development, management implementation and documentation of the program in Ghana. The Program Manager assists the Country Director, country team and technical units to support Ghana's existing programs. The Program Manager co-ordinates the bi-annual planning and budget cycle, supervising the technical team in Ghana, and co-ordinates with technical, finance and administration units.
- Management and implementation of budgets, work-plans, evaluation, and reporting of results. Works with Country Director and other stakeholders to ensure that Ghana's program objectives, consistent with country priorities and desired results are met by technical and administrative units
- Supervision of technical team to meet the programme needs
- Proposal development and donor reporting
- Fundraising: Supports Country Director and Headquarters unit to provide inputs for donor proposals and reports
- Represents, with Country Director, Ipas Ghana's programme with government and NGO partners and advocates for the country's mission at national and local level
- The duty station for position is Accra, Ghana, and the offer will be on a one/two years renewable contract basis, subject to good performance and availability of funds. Remuneration will be based on qualification and experience, commensurate with industry standards
Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following-Psychology, Sociology, Medicine, Public Health, Advanced degree in relevant discipline preferred;
- 8+ years relevant experience including a minimum of 4 years of demonstrated management and supervision experience;
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, management and technical skills in reproductive health;
- Excellent management, supervisory, budgeting, management skills
- Excellent team building and negotiating skills
- Excellent communications and writing skills;
- Demonstrated computer competency especially in word processing, budgeting and data base software;
- Cross-cultural skills preferred
- Fluency in English; French will be an advantage
- Travel up to 50% nationally and 10% internationally
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://j.jbgh.me/2416 to apply for this job .